Oeno Gallery at Huff Estates Winery is Hiring an Assistant Gardener & Landscaper for the Sculpture Garden in 2023!
Oeno Gallery at Huff Estates Winery is seeking a gardener/ landscaper with an interest in art and sculpture for the 2023 season and beyond to further develop and maintain the gardens surrounding the Oeno Gallery and Huff Estates property.
Sculpture Garden Assistant Gardener
Start Date: Mid-April 2023
- New landscaping and planting as required
- Garden and grounds maintenance including pruning,
weeding, watering, mowing and clean-up.
- Proficient use of hand tools, mowers, weed-trimmers,
rototillers and other equipment
- Maintenance of the garden equipment
- Keeping all areas safe for the public
- Welcoming/ interacting with visitors to the garden
- Cleaning and maintaining all sculptures on property
- Assisting staff and sculpture artist’s installation of their work
- General understanding of plant care and installation
- Working knowledge of common types of landscape plants
- Physical stamina for daily outdoor work through the season
- Good sense of planting presentation
- Reliability and willingness to commit for the season
- Experience operating small gardening machinery
- Ability to interact pleasantly with the public
- An interest in sculpture and art
Min 2 years experience working in public gardens or in
commercial/residential landscape maintenance operations.
Commensurate with experience.
Dana Charles, Oeno Gallery with Resume and Cover Letter
along with references. Email address: email@example.com
The position will begin in mid-April. Interested candidates may submit their Resume and Cover Letter to Dana Charles, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your references.